An aristocratic building within the historic city walls of Como, Palazzo Albricci Peregrini has itself an ancient history, as evidenced by its typically late medieval forms. It was first remodelled around the middle of the fifteenth century, and the courtyard that welcomes in the visitor still conserves a fresco of that time. The work, dated 1503, depicts the Madonna with St. Peter and St. Matthew surrounded by noblemen and noblewomen.
The building was inherited in the fifteenth century by the family of Bishop Albricio Peregrino, whose name would attach itself to the palazzo. A funerary stele of the bishop remains here displayed in the courtyard. As is the case with many local houses of this time, its stables overlooked the inner garden area and it was here a project was designed to turn the building into a boutique hotel. It began with the restoration work of 2018, carried out by the family itself, working together with a tightknit team.
The intention was to establish continuity between the past and the present with an unfinished beauty and unostentatious elegance achieved with careful use of materials, with light, colour and scents. No excessive splendour, just great elegance and sobriety. Located in the heart of the historic centre of Como, Palazzo Albricci Peregrini houses six suites, ranging from 20 to 55 square metres in area, and each with its own story to tell. All of these rooms contain parts of the collection of travel objects of the owner family, brought together over many years and grouped by their place of origin.